Yoga for the eyes: the remedy for eyestrain
Cellphones, tablets , computers ... The digital age makes us spend up to seven hours on average stuck to different digital devices, even more time than we spent sleeping!
Visual stress that results in itching, redness, tiredness, dryness or blurred vision -between any of the symptoms that afflict 90% of the population. What you did not know is that a daily routine of visual gymnastics can help relax the muscles of the eyes and avoid eyestrain after a long day of work. Experts advise to perform a series of exercises that improve our ability to accommodate, which is what allows the eye to change the focus points from far to near getting a clear image in the retina. For example:
- Standing, and looking relaxed at a point at infinity, begins to move eyes top down, left to right, circular movements in the same direction, and in the opposite direction to the CW.
- Now let's do an eyelid stretch. Lower your mouth down very intensely, look up, being careful not to wrinkle your forehead. Now, concentrate on the lower eyelid muscle and see only closing the eyelid. At first slowly and with great concentration, you will notice the resistance in the face and the work of the eyelid muscle.
- Create the shape of a pair of glasses with your thumbs and indexes and place it on the outline of the eyes tensing the skin above and below the area. Keep this tension and blink 10 to 20 times.
- Start reading a book at a very close distance and go away progressively to the distance of our arms while reading.
- Take a pencil with your hand and focus your eyes on its tip, first from a short distance and then start to move it away without taking your eyes off the focus point.
- One last exercise would be to look repeatedly at the tip of the nose, wink several times the eyes ...
- If you work with the computer, take frequent breaks. It is advisable to work two hours with the computer and take half-hour breaks, taking advantage of other jobs that do not require fixing the view on the screen.
Drink water. Dehydration worsens some problems such as dry eye disease.
Increases the humidity of the environment by placing, for example, a humidifier in the workplace.
Visit the ophthalmologist annually , which is who will make a correct diagnosis.